Knowledge Base

Central Hudson Complaint Form

Residents having issues with the exponential rate increase from Central Hudson, billing or meter reading errors, as well as increased amounts being withdrawn from banking accounts due to automatic payment status without notice, should first reach out to Central Hudson's customer service line to try to amend their bill.  If this has not been resolved satisfactorily, residents may then register their own complaint with the New York State Department of Public Service.

The County Executive's Office  opened a complaint and investigation with the Department of Public Service, to bring awareness to the issue and provide residents with the means to log the particulars of their situation.  Residents may include comments to this form as well.

When filing a complaint with the DPS, please be detailed with your notes to include: 

  • Billing issues related to Central Hudson (please include dates, amounts where applicable)
  • Steps taken to resolve this issue with Central Hudson (both verbal and written communication or attempts)

Ulster County was not involved in Central Hudson's billing/rate changes and cannot dictate amendments to businesses.  However, by completing the complaint form in the link above, residents' concerns will be logged with the state.

You may also contact Senator Hinchey (845) 331-3810 and Assemblyman Cahill's (845) 338-9610 offices if your electricity is in imminent danger of shutoff.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please call the Ulster County Service Center: (845) 443.8888

Updated 11/23/2022 3:52 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!