Volunteering is good for the community and good for you! The volunteers report that they feel enlivened and energized by the volunteer work they are doing.
To join one of Ulster County's volunteer programs, please complete this form.
As a volunteer you may enjoy:
- Driving seniors and/or Veterans from their home to medical appointments
- Helping in a gift shop or visitor center
- Leading an exercise class
- Becoming a Medicare Counselor and assisting people with coordinating their insurance
- Helping in a local library or hospital
- Ombudsman Senior Advocate
- Creating your own volunteer experience with our resources!
Some of the Organizations we work with:
- Golden Hill Nursing & Rehab Center
- American Cancer Society
- People’s Place
- Ulster County Tourism
- Hudson Valley Hospice
- Hudson River Maritime Museum
- Ellenville Hospital
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Esopus Library
- Health Alliance Hospitals
- Rondout Valley Food Pantry
...and many more!!
Ulster County residents are encouraged to participate as volunteers in various volunteer programs and services. Some ways to donate your time and talents include:
- Ulster County Office for the Aging
- Ulster County Vaccine PODs (Points of Dispensing)
- Ulster County Veteran Service Agency
For more information about this and other County programs, contact the Ulster County Service Center (845) 443-8888 or ulstercountyserves.com.