Report - At-Home Test Results
What to do if you test positive with an at-home rapid COVID test:
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for administering the test.
- Take a picture of the positive at-home test result within 24 hours for the Department of Health.
- Report positive test results to the Department of Health online or by calling the Ulster County Recovery Service Center (RSC) at (845) 443-8888. (If calling, you will need to email a photo of the positive at-home test result to RSC@co.ulster.ny.us.)
- Self-isolate: have separate living and bathroom facilities from the rest of your household members.
- Consult a doctor or go to the ER if symptoms worsen or you have trouble breathing.
- A public health nurse will contact you. Answer calls from any unfamiliar phone numbers.
- While antigen tests are reliable, it is possible to receive a false negative. If you test negative and have symptoms, take another test within 24-48 hours.
At home tests are not accepted by school districts to clear symptomatic students. Your child will need to be tested at school or at a doctor's office in order to return to school if symptomatic. If you need testing resources go to https://covid19.ulstercountyny.gov/get-tested/.